Hello friends, Today I have come with some mysterious and knowledgeable facts about ancient Egypt.
Today, in this article, we will read about 10 mysterious facts of Egypt. Egypt was, in truth, a mysterious place.
2. The first death sentence in the world was given in Egypt. About 3500 years ago, a young boy was given the death sentence for practicing magic. He was asked to commit suicide by taking poison or by a knife.
4. It is said about the kings of Egypt that when an Egyptian king died his servants were also buried alive with him. But this is a myth. Such sacrifices were rarely performed in Egypt. but this did not always happen.
6. When the body of the deceased was mummified, all the internal organs of the body, such as the brain, liver, lungs, and kidneys, were removed, except his heart. Because the people of ancient Egypt believed that the human soul resides in the heart.
7. It used to be with the dead in Egypt. By making an incision on the left side of the stomach, the internal organs were pulled out and you would be surprised to know that the brain was pulled out by the nose using a long hook. All these internal organs were taken out because these are the parts of the body that start decaying first. This method was used to protect the body from decaying for a long time.
The script of ancient Egypt was Hieroglyph. The script did not contain vocals. Therefore, we do not know how words were spoken at that time.
11. Egypt was known by many names such as Kemet and Red Land. Later Egypt came to be known by this name “Hwt Ka Ptah“. When the Greeks came to Egypt and they ruled there, they were unable to take this name. So they changed it (Hwt Ka Ptah) to Aigyptos and later it was renamed as Egypt.